Basic course on Dutch employment law (two days) - in English
Data: 19 & 20 May 2022 / 15 & 16 September 2022 / 8 & 9 December 2022
About the training
Are you an HR manager or HR assistant, do you fulfill a similar role or are you considering doing that? This is the training for you. This training is also very suitable for SME entrepreneurs with staff, who perform HR tasks themselves.
No specific prior knowledge is required for this training.
In two days’ time, our experts will make you acquainted with all the relevant basic principles of Dutch employment law. The main themes such as dismissal law, collective labour agreements, illness and reintegration, holidays and the works council will be discussed. Of course there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
This training will provide you with a solid basic knowledge of Dutch employment law, which you can immediately put into practice in your day to day work. You will be able to solve simple employment law issues yourself.
- Employee versus self-employed worker (definition employment contract)
- On-call workers
- Collective labour agreements
- Application procedure (incl. screening and medical examination)
- Focus points for fixed-term employment contract
- Succession of fixed-term employment contracts
- Duty of notification
- Special conditions in the employment contract
- Trial period
- Pension dismissal clause
- Non-competition clause / Non-sollicitation clause
- Penalty clause
- Working hours and breaks
- Public holidays
- Wage (payment, minimum wage and setoff)
- Liability of employer and employee for damages
- Holiday (build-up, take-up and lapse)
- Statutory forms of leave (pregnancy and maternity leave, parental leave, care leave etc.)
- Incapacity for work (illness and reintegration)
- Termination via UWV
- Termination by subdistrict court
- Summary dismissal
- Prohibitions of termination
- Transition payment and fair compensation
- Works council
- Employee insurance schemes (unemployment, incapacity for work, old age pension)
Space to Create, Stationsplein 90, 3511ED in Utrecht. Route
Online course. A few days before the course starts, the trainer will send the link to participate online.
Course times and rates
The course will start at 9.30 am and end around 4 pm.
Are you not an SD Worx customer? Then the course rate will amount € 1,590 per person (excluding VAT). Are you a customer of SD Worx? Then you will receive a discount and we will charge € 1,490 per person (excluding VAT).
You will receive a confirmation of your registration and an invoice after your registration.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the course! Complete the registration form for each participant. After registration you will receive a confirmation at the specified e-mail address. Invoicing takes place upon order.